Frankston Starlite Village Drive-in utilised the old Reservoir drive-in screen when the venue was twinned in 1982.
“Reservoir had closed earlier in the year along with Sunshine.”
The Frankston Drive-in was origionally named “Hoyts Drive-in, Frankston” and was owned by Hoyts upon its construction and opening on the 5th of December 1956. During the 15 years Hoyts operated the venue, Frankston only contained one screen. In 1971 Village partnered the operation and the venue was re-named “Frankston Starlite Village Drive-in”. In 1984 (having been run by Village for 13years) the site was twinned.